Request to the residents and businesses of this prefecture to prevent the further spread of COVID-19 【May 7th, 2021】
Please avoid travel to areas declared a state of emergency!
- Areas declared a state of emergency
Tokyo, Aichi, Kyoto, Osaka, Hyogo, Fukuoka
- Areas declared Semi-emergency (Coronavirus) Spread Prevention Measures to be taken
Hokkaido, Saitama, Chiba, Kanagawa, Gifu, Mie, Ehime, Okinawa
The number of COVID-19 cases have been increasing nationwide, and the government declared a state of emergency in 4 prefectures including Tokyo and Osaka, and Semi-emergency (Coronavirus) Spread Prevention Measures to be taken in 7 prefectures including Ehime, but because the situation is not getting better, the government announced that these declarations will be extended.
There are growing concerns of the effects that Fukuoka (our neighboring prefecture that was added to the list of areas declared a state of emergency) will have on Yamaguchi.
Yamaguchi has entered the fourth wave as the number of cluster cases are rising in situations with a high risk of the 3Cs, and the build up of strain in the medical system has put us in a situation where things are unpredictable. We must take the utmost measures to avoid the further spread of the virus within the prefecture.
Therefore, we ask for the cooperation from the residents and businesses of this prefecture on the following points to prevent the spread of the virus once again.
＜Points to consider for travel between prefectures＞
- Please avoid all unessential travel to areas that have been declared to take Semi-emergency (Coronavirus) Spread Prevention Measures.
- Please especially avoid all travel that it unessential (going to school, work, and the hospital are considered essential) to our neighboring prefecture, Fukuoka which has been added to the list of prefectures declared a state of emergency.
- If you must go, please take thorough infection prevention measures and follow the municipals rules of shortened business hours and restrictions for going out.
- For travel to all other prefectures, check the current situation of the virus, and if you do decide to go, please make sure to pay attention to the situation of your destination and take all possible measures to prevent infection.
＜Thorough infection prevention measures＞
- We ask that each and every one of you practice the “new lifestyle” measures to prevent the spread of infection, avoid the three C’s, wear a mask, disinfect shared spaces, and wash your hands. Please thoroughly implement infection prevention measures in the “5 situations with increased risk”.
* Five scenes with higher risk of infection
① Social gatherings with eating and drinking, etc.
② A Large number of people and eating and drinking for an extended amount of time
③ Conversations without a mask
④ Communal living in a small space
⑤ Change of location
- For business dinners, please hold them in small groups and a short amount of time and go to restaurants that are taking extra steps to prevent the spread of the virus and cooperate with their measures.
- For businesses such as restaurants, please re-enforce the infection prevention guidelines outlined for each industry.
＜Points to consider for Businesses＞
- Please avoid all unessential business trips to and from areas that have been declared a State of Emergency or to take Semi-emergency (Coronavirus) Spread Prevention Measures.
- Please refrain from holding meetings or events that accompany visits from the affected prefectures, and use e-mail or video conferencing instead. If you must meet in person, please take thorough infection prevention measures.
- In order to prevent infection and spread of infection, please give special consideration to the health management of employees who traveled to one of the affected prefectures.
- Please follow the infection prevention guidelines outlined for each industry.
＜Prevention of discrimination and prejudice against infected people＞
- There should never be discrimination or prejudice against infected people, healthcare professionals, front line workers, those part of a group that was infected, foreigners, and those who traveled outside the prefecture.
- Please check credible sources regarding information on the pandemic, and do not be fooled by lies.
Regarding travel to Fukuoka
- Besides going to school, work, or the hospital, please refrain from traveling to Fukuoka!
- If you must go, please take extra infection prevention measures!
The 4th wave has seen many cluster cases!
The new strain of COVID is more contagious, so please take extra infection prevention measures!
- Wear a mask
- Frequently wash your hands and disinfect your hands
- Disinfect shared spaces
May 7th , 2021
Governor of Yamaguchi
★Consultation Center (Yamaguchi Prefecture)
TEL: #7770 or 083-902-2510
available 24 hours with multilingual support