Request to the residents and businesses of this prefecture to prevent the further spread of COVID-19 【April 23rd 2021】
The number of COVID-19 cases have been increasing nationwide, and the government declared Semi-emergency (Coronavirus) Spread Prevention Measures to be taken based on the special law in 10 prefectures. However, with the number of cases continuing to rise, Ehime prefecture was added to the list and 4 prefectures including Tokyo and Osaka were bumped up to be declared in a state of emergency.
In Yamaguchi, as the number of cases continue to rise, we are entering the fourth wave with Golden Week fast approaching. Therefore, we must take the utmost measures to avoid the further spread of the virus within the prefecture.
Therefore, we ask for the cooperation from the residents and businesses of this prefecture on the following points to prevent the spread of the virus once again.
＜Points to consider for travel between prefectures＞
- Please avoid all unessential travel to areas that have been declared to take Semi-emergency (Coronavirus) Spread Prevention Measures. If you must go, please take thorough infection prevention measures and follow the municipals rules of shortened business hours and restrictions for going out.
- For travel to all other prefectures, check the current situation of the virus, and if you do decide to go, please make sure to pay attention to the situation of your destination and take all possible measures to prevent infection.
＜Thorough infection prevention measures＞
- We ask that each and every one of you practice the “new lifestyle” measures to prevent the spread of infection, avoid the three C’s, wear a mask, and wash your hands. Please thoroughly implement infection prevention measures in the “5 situations with increased risk”.
* Five scenes with higher risk of infection
- ① Social gatherings with eating and drinking, etc.
- ② A Large number of people and eating and drinking for an extended amount of time
- ③ Conversations without a mask
- ④ Communal living in a small space
- ⑤ Change of location
- For business dinners, please go to restaurants that are taking extra steps to prevent the spread of the virus and cooperate with their measures.
- For businesses such as restaurants, please re-enforce the infection prevention guidelines outlined for each industry.
＜Points to consider for Businesses＞
- Please avoid all unessential business trips to and from areas that have been declared a State of Emergency or to take Semi-emergency (Coronavirus) Spread Prevention Measures.
- Please refrain from holding meetings or events that accompany visits from the affected prefectures, and use e-mail or video conferencing instead. If you must meet in person, please take thorough infection prevention measures.
- In order to prevent infection and spread of infection, please give special consideration to the health management of employees who traveled to one of the affected prefectures.
- Please follow the infection prevention guidelines outlined for each industry.
＜Points to consider for travel during Golden Week (April 29th to May 5th ) ＞
- Please avoid all unessential travel to areas that have been declared a State of Emergency or to take Semi-emergency (Coronavirus) Spread Prevention Measures.
- If a family member or relative is thinking about returning to Yamaguchi during Golden Week from one of these areas, please urge them to avoid all unessential travel to Yamaguchi. If they must come home, please strongly encourage them to take care of their health for 2 weeks prior to traveling here, and once in the prefecture to refrain from going out unnecessarily and act responsibly.
- For dinner parties with a large crowd and an extended amount of time, please take thorough infection prevention measures such as wearing a mask while talking.
- When going out to an event where an unspecified number of people gather, a tourist facility, a large commercial facility, etc., please be sure to avoid the 3C’s and cooperate with the infection prevention measures required by the organizer and facilities.
- For those feeling unwell, please consult a doctor or a health center and refrain from going to work and school etc.
＜Prevention of discrimination and prejudice against infected people＞
- There should never be discrimination or prejudice against infected people, healthcare professionals, front line workers, those part of a group that was infected, foreigners, and those who traveled outside the prefecture.
- Please check credible sources regarding information on the pandemic, and do not be fooled by lies.
April 23rd , 2021
Governor of Yamaguchi
★ To residents and businesses
Please avoid all unessential travel to areas that have been declared to take Semi-emergency (Coronavirus) Spread Prevention Measures.
Tokyo, Saitama, Chiba, Kanagawa, Osaka, Hyogo, Kyoto, Aichi, Okinawa, Miyagi
★Consultation Center (Yamaguchi Prefecture)
TEL: #7770 or 083-902-2510
available 24 hours with multilingual support