Request to the residents and businesses of this prefecture to prevent the further spread of COVID-19 【April 16th, 2021】
Regarding COVID-19, the new variant has been reported in not only Kansai regions but also nationwide. The number of cases has been increasing nationwide, and with the fear of medical systems being strained, the government declared Semi-emergency (Coronavirus) Spread Prevention Measures to be taken based on the special law in 10 prefectures including Tokyo, Osaka, and Hyogo.
In Yamaguchi, the number of cases has been increasing and with the Golden Week fast approaching, we must take the utmost measures to avoid the further spread of the virus.
Therefore, we ask for the cooperation from the residents and businesses of this prefecture on the following points to prevent the spread of the virus once again.
＜Points to consider for travel between prefectures＞
- Please avoid all unessential travel to areas that have been declared to take Semi-emergency (Coronavirus) Spread Prevention Measures. If you must go, please take thorough infection prevention measures and follow the municipals rules of shortened business hours and restrictions for going out.
- For travel to all other prefectures, check the current situation of the virus, and if you do decide to go, please make sure to pay attention to the situation of your destination and take all possible measures to prevent infection.
＜Thorough infection prevention measures＞
- We ask that each and every one of you practice the “new lifestyle” measures to prevent the spread of infection, avoid the three C’s, wear a mask, and wash your hands. Please thoroughly implement infection prevention measures in the “5 situations with increased risk”.
- * Five scenes with higher risk of infection
- ① Social gatherings with eating and drinking, etc.
- ② A Large number of people and eating and drinking for an extended amount of time
- ③ Conversations without a mask
- ④ Communal living in a small space
- ⑤ Change of location
- For business dinners, please go to restaurants that are taking extra steps to prevent the spread of the virus and cooperate with their measures.
- For businesses such as restaurants, please re-enforce the infection prevention guidelines outlined for each industry.
＜Points to consider for travel during Golden Week (April 29th to May 5th ) ＞
- Please avoid all unessential travel to areas that have been declared to take Semi-emergency (Coronavirus) Spread Prevention Measures.
- If a family member or relative is thinking about returning to Yamaguchi during Golden Week from an area declared to take Semi-emergency (Coronavirus) Spread Prevention Measures, please urge them to avoid all unessential travel to Yamaguchi. If they must come home, please strongly encourage them to take care of their physical health for 2 weeks prior to traveling here, and once in the prefecture to refrain from going out unnecessarily and act responsibly.
- For dinner parties with a large crowd and an extended amount of time, please take thorough infection prevention measures such as wearing a mask while talking.
- For those feeling unwell, please consult a doctor or a health center and refrain from going to work and school etc.
＜Prevention of discrimination and prejudice against infected people＞
- There should never be discrimination or prejudice against infected people, healthcare professionals, front line workers, those part of a group that was infected, foreigners, and those who traveled outside the prefecture.
- Please check credible sources regarding information on the pandemic, and do not be fooled by lies.
April 16th , 2021
Governor of Yamaguchi
★ To residents and businesses
Please avoid all unessential travel to areas that have been declared to take Semi-emergency (Coronavirus) Spread Prevention Measures.
Tokyo, Saitama, Chiba, Kanagawa, Osaka, Hyogo, Kyoto, Aichi, Okinawa, Miyagi
★Consultation Center (Yamaguchi Prefecture)
TEL: #7770 or 083-902-2510
available 24 hours with multilingual support