Request from Yamaguchi Prefecture regarding the prevention of the spread of COVID-19【April 7th, 2021】
Request to the residents and businesses of this prefecture to prevent the further spread of COVID-19 (April 7th, 2021)
Yamaguchi Prefecreture has seen a lower number of COVID-19 cases compared to the rest of Japan thanks to the cooperation from the residents, businesses, and frontline workers. However, the number of cases has been increasing rapidly in some places, and with the fear of medical systems being strained, on April 5th, the government declared Semi-emergency (Coronavirus) Spread Prevention Measures to be taken in Miyagi, Osaka, and Hyogo Prefecture.
*As of April 12th Tokyo, Kyoto, and Okinawa were added to areas that have been declared to take Semi-emergency (Coronavirus) Spread Prevention Measures.
Also, due to the new variants, there is fear of another nationwide spread. Therefore, we ask for the cooperation from the residents and businesses of this prefecture to prevent the spread of the virus once again.
＜Points to consider for travel between prefectures＞
- Please avoid all unessential travel to areas that have been declared to take Semi-emergency (Coronavirus) Spread Prevention Measures. If you must go, please take thorough infection prevention measures and follow the municipals rules of shortened business hours and restrictions for going out.
- For travel to all other prefectures, check the current situation of the virus, and if you do decide to go, please make sure to pay attention to the situation of your destination and take all possible measures to prevent infection.
＜Thorough infection prevention measures＞
- We ask that each and every one of you practice the “new lifestyle” measures to prevent the spread of infection, avoid the three C’s, wear a mask, and wash your hands. Please thoroughly implement infection prevention measures in the “5 situations with increased risk”*.
- For those feeling unwell, please consult a doctor or a health center and refrain from going to work and school etc.
- For thank-you parties, welcome parties, and similar events, please take thorough infection prevention measures such as wearing a mask while talking, and avoiding long hours and large crowds. Please refrain from holding such events if you cannot follow infection prevention measures.
- For business dinners, please go to restaurants that are taking extra steps to prevent the spread of the virus and cooperate with their measures.
- For businesses such as restaurants, please re-enforce the infection prevention guidelines outlined for each industry.
＜Prevention of discrimination and prejudice against infected people＞
- There should never be discrimination or prejudice against infected people, healthcare professionals, front line workers, those part of a group that was infected, foreigners, and those who traveled outside the prefecture.
- Please check credible sources regarding information on the pandemic, and do not be fooled by lies.
April 7th , 2021
Governor of Yamaguchi
* Five scenes with higher risk of infection
① Social gatherings with eating and drinking, etc.
② A Large number of people and eating and drinking for an extended amount of time
③ Conversations without a mask
④ Communal living in a small space
⑤ Change of location
◆COVID-19 Consultation Center
TEL: #7770 or 083-902-2510
available 24 hours with multilingual support