Request from Yamaguchi Prefecture regarding the prevention of the spread of COVID-19 【March 18th, 2021】
Request to the residents and businesses of this prefecture (March 18th, 2021)
It was declared by the Japanese government that the continued declaration of a state of emergency in Tokyo, Kanagawa, Saitama, and Chiba will be lifted on March 21st.
Thanks to the cooperation from the residents, businesses, and health care workers, there have only been sporadic cases, but as a nation, the virus has not been controlled and following the appearance of new variants, I would like to ask the residents and businesses of this prefecture for your cooperation and understanding in the following points to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
＜Points to consider for travel between prefectures＞
- Please carefully consider travel to outside the prefecture. If you decide to go, please make sure to pay attention to the situation of your destination and take all possible measures to prevent infection.
- Please especially make careful consideration for travel to the 4 prefectures that will have their state of emergency lifted as the average number cases in those areas are higher than other places. If you decide to go, make sure to take thorough prevention measures.
＜Regarding end of the fiscal year functions＞
- For graduation ceremonies, entrance ceremonies for students and new employees, and other events for the new fiscal year, please take thorough infection prevention measures and ensure sufficient physical distance between people.
- For thank-you parties, welcome parties, flower viewing (hanami), and similar events, please take thorough infection prevention measures such as wearing a mask while talking, and avoiding long hours and large crowds. Please refrain from holding such events if you cannot follow infection prevention measures.
- For those feeling unwell, please rest and refrain from attending such events and going on trips.
＜Thorough infection prevention measures＞
- We ask that each and every one of you practice the “new lifestyle” measures to prevent the spread of infection, avoid the three C’s, wear a mask, and wash your hands. Please thoroughly implement infection prevention measures in the “5 situations with increased risk”.
- For business dinners, please go to restaurants that are taking extra steps to prevent the spread of the virus and cooperate with their measures.
- For businesses such as restaurants, please re-enforce the infection prevention guidelines outlined for each industry.
＜Prevention of discrimination and prejudice against infected people＞
- There should never be discrimination or prejudice against infected people, healthcare professionals, and those traveling from outside the prefecture.
- Please check credible sources regarding information on the pandemic, and do not be fooled by lies. Also please do not spread groundless rumors on social media.
- COVID-19 is a virus that can affect anyone. Please treat each other with respect and respond calmly.
March 18th , 2021
Governor of Yamaguchi
◆COVID-19 Consultation Center
TEL: #7770 or 083-902-2510
available 24 hours with multilingual support