Japan is a country with many disasters such as earthquakes, typhoons and heavy rains. It is important to learn about these disasters on a daily basis.
Emergency Handbook for Foreign National Residents (Yamaguchi Prefecture International Division)
- 外国人 住民 のための 防災 ハンドブック［Plain Japanese］
- 방재 핸드북［Korean］
- GABAY UKOL SA PAGHAHANDA SA KAPAHAMAKAN［Tagalog］
- Sổ tay hướng dẫn phòng chống thảm họa［Vietnamese］
Available to download on the Yamaguchi Prefecture International Division website
Emergency Card［Plain Japanese/English］
Available to download on Yamaguchi Prefecture International Division website
Links related to disasters
Useful links related to disasters. Please use them by all means.
- Emergency Preparedness Yamaguchi [Yamaguchi Prefecture Disaster Prevention ＆ Crisis Management Division]
Information is provided when there is a disaster in Yamaguchi Prefecture.
- Yamaguchi Prefecture Road Information [Yamaguchi Prefecture Road Maintenance Division]
Information on road conditions in Yamaguchi Prefecture is available. You can see it through photos.
- Yamaguchi Public Works Disaster Prevention Information System [Yamaguchi Prefecture River Division]
Information on the amount of rainfall in Yamaguchi and the water level of the rivers are available.
- Yamaguchi Coordinator for International Relations Facebook
Information is provided to foreigners when a disaster occurs in Yamaguchi Prefecture.
- Japan Meteorological Agency
Information on weather, heavy rain, earthquake, tsunami, volcano, etc. is available in multiple languages.
- Foreign National’s Affairs Division Facebook for Natural Disaster Information (MOFA)
Information is provided to foreigners when there is a major disaster in Japan.
- List of Embassies, Consulate and Permanent Missions in Japan (MOFA) A list of phone numbers and addresses of foreign embassies and consulates in Japan.
Multilingual Television and Radio
Disaster Emergency Message Dials and Disaster Message Boards
A service that allows you to leave a message when you cannot use a telephone or e-mail
- docomo Disaster Emergency Message Dial/Disaster Message Board
- au Disaster Emergency Message Dial/Disaster Message Board
- Softbank Disaster Emergency Message Dial/Disaster Message Board
- NTT West Emergency Message Dial
- NTT West Emergency Message Board
- Guidebook on Living and Working ~For foreign nationals who start living in Japan~ [Immigration Services Agency] Information useful for life in Japan is available in 17 languages.
- Multilingual Medical Questionnaire [International Community Hearty Konandai/Kanagawa International Foundation]
A medical questionnaire that can be used when going to the hospital is available to download in 23 languages.
- The app “Safety Tips” provides information on disaster warnings [Japan Tourism Agency (JTA)]
An app that notifies you when a disaster occurs in 11 languages is available to download.
- Multilingual Speech Translation Application (VoiceTra) [National Institute of Information and Communications Technology]
A voice translation app that can do translations into 31 languages.